Fall is just around the corner and with it comes so many things. First is the cooler weather. It lures people outdoors again. Here in the Western North Carolina mountains, there are a few more things that signal the beginning of fall. The first is our apple orchards open up. We at Orchard Inn have our own small orchard, as well as a garden, that we enjoy using. The other thing we love about this season is the Asheville fall festivals. There are so many throughout fall. Read on to see some of our favorite Asheville fall festivals.
August Asheville Fall Festivals
- Shindig on the Green– This reoccurring event has been happening for most of the summer and continues into fall. Join everyone in Pack Square Park at around 7 pm. Admission is free. Relax and enjoy the sounds of some southern Appalachian bands and witness amazing folk dancing.
- Jam in the Trees– This is the first year for this festival. It will be happening on August 26th and 27th at Pisgah Brewing Company. The focus of this fall festival in Asheville is music and great beer as well as support for the Big Tree Project. They will have several bands playing on two stages. You can purchase weekend or single day tickets for this great event.
September Asheville Fall Festivals
- Art in Autumn– Art is a vital part of the Asheville community. Art in Autumn will be held on September 17th. This festival will have over 100 artists and craftspeople. There will also be live music. Be sure to take your time and peruse each booth and get a sense of our art scene.
- Brewgrass Festival– This is an amazing event that features over 40 breweries. It will also be happening September 17th. Proceeds from the event will go to help the Big Brother Big Sister organization in Asheville.
- Asheville Greek Festival– Join everyone on September 24th and 25th at the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church. They will have delicious traditional food, a marketplace, and much more. Come and be Greek for a day!
- Asheville Barnaroo– Happening the last weekend in September, this fall music festival in Asheville will be amazing. It will be located on Franny’s Farm and last 3 days. There will be lots of musicians playing. The style of music will be mainly folk music. Proceeds from the festival will go to benefit the Asheville Music School.
October Asheville Fall Festivals
- WNC Garlic Fest– The 3rd annual WNC Garlic Fest will be Oct. 1st. It will be from 12 pm to 6 pm. The focus of this Asheville fall festival is to not only taste great garlic but learn about it as well. There will be tastings and classes for you to enjoy. Sow True Seed will be there as well to show you the best way to grow your own garlic!
- Old Depot Art by the Tracks– To round out the Asheville fall festivals, come to Art by the Tracks. This festival will take place in Black Mountain on October 29th. Art by the Tracks will be a juried art show where many regional artists come to win and sell their pieces.
As you can see, there are so many reasons to celebrate with these Asheville art festivals happening this fall. Considering taking a trip to the mountains soon? Come stay with us at Orchard Inn. Our relaxing B&B is located in nearby Saluda. We have mountain views and are located close to many area activities, restaurants, and shops. Our rooms are cozy and inviting. Many have views of the mountains or even an extra amenity like a fireplace. Like to have more space? Consider a cottage. We have 3 to choose from! Each morning you are with us, join everyone for a lovely breakfast. Contact us today and begin planning your next trip to the mountains this fall.
Want to learn more about our area? Request your free Vacation Guide today!